Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Resources

Howdy! 

I hope y'all are having a wonderful day! It's been a few months since I have posted - school got the best of me. I just completed my internship and am graduating in EIGHT days!!! I'm super excited! I will start updating the blog again with activities at least once a week. 

Sincerely,
Kathryn

Today, I want to share a few resources I have found to be helpful:

Websites

recreationtherapytasks.blogspot.com (New Haven’s blog)
rectherapy.blogspot.com
rectherapyideas.blogspot.com
jamiespeaksrt.wordpress.com/2014/03 (evidence-based practice)
telynpeterson.wix.com/trhandydandynotebook (general information on therapeutic recreation - my friend, Telyn, created this awesome website!)
training-wheels.com
FUNdoing.com
high5adventure.org/community-blog/activities/
Books
Activities That Teach
More Activities That Teach
A Teachable Moment
Ricochet (This one is all games with this one cool odd shaped ball you buy - they are great!)
52 Games with Cards
Silver Bullets The Processing Pinnacles: An Educator's Guide to Better Processing
Tips and Tools: The Act of Experiential Group Facilitation
Adventure Programming
Therapeutic Recreation: Processes and Techniques
Leisure Education Program Planning: A Systematic Approach
Teamwork and Team Play

 

Here are some pictures from my internship. It was such a wonderful experience! Take time to enjoy yours and learn all that you can. Most importantly, ask questions.








No comments:

Post a Comment