Tell the participants the rules and have them figure out their order. Once they have that down, put the marble in the first pipe, and the participants will try to figure out how to continue moving it to the bowl. If the marble hits the floor, they must start over – give them a few moments to come up with a strategy. Ask what did and did not work to help them get going.
· Alike pipes cannot touch
· Cannot touch others’ pipes with your hands/feet/etc.
· Cannot touch marble
· Must stay in the same order throughout the whole activity
· Marble must move through the pipe
· Once the marble is in a pipe, that pipe cannot move towards the bowl
· A PVC pipe for each participant (Half should be completely round and the other half should have the top cut off)
· One marble
· A bowl
Importance of working together-no one could have done this by themselves just as they cannot reach all of their goals by themselves
Talk about how they approached this activity and how this compares to how they approach their treatment
Speed of the activity: was it easier when they went slow or fast?
Please Comment Below: Do you have any tips or words of advice for running this activity or one similar?
Picture Credit: http://myparadigmshift.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/pipeline-pic1.jpg